24 October 2008

Fri, Oct 24, 2008:

So, this week was great. We learned a good game this week that translates to speaking portuguese all day. My companion and I are working together great, and I am defying all odds by still not being sick. We got a new branch president this week, our last one having served his time, so i am looking forward to getting to know President Tanner. I need to find out if he is related to the tanners we knew out in belmont. I guess thats sort of unlikely, but i have found the world is tiny within the Church.

Anyway what else is new. Things stay pretty similar hear in the MTC. We got a bunch of new missionaries, and the last group that is older than us heads out in a couple weeks. Then we'll be the oldest, which is absurd. I can't believe i've been here a month, time goes entirely too fast. We start teaching in portuguese this next week, which should be fun. I love speaking portuguese. English is getting a little bit weird now. Spelling is hard (i spent like five minutes trying to figure out how to spell patience), and it's more natural for me to pray in portuguese than in english. We learned something sweet yesterday, basically to say that you really really plan to do something. There's not really something like it in english but in portuguese "hai-de ensinar o evangelho ao mundo" is like a solemn oath to do something. So that's pretty awesome, i'm going to try to use that in lessons.

We have two teachers, Irmão Zwick e Irmã Olsen, both are really awesmoe. The first day Irmão Zwick spoke entirely português, so for a while i thought he only spoke portuguese, but then it just turned out he was awesome. He is the sort of person I want to be, like he can just walk in and you know you are going to have a good day. Irmã Olsen is great to. She is a little less funny, but she is incredibly caring and sincere. It's also nice that she's here since we have three sisters in our district. I like them a lot, I feel like we pretty much got the coolest teachers.

So I might end up doing a musical number for a fireside or something. I need to practice this week, I'd be accompanying one of the Elders in my district who'd be singing. So that's exciting. I dunno if they show MTC firesides and devotionals on BYU channel, but if i do you could maybe spot me, if our audition goes well and we end up with a spot.

Elder Kronk is my role model. I'm running out of things to say, so i'm taking suggestions. Eu escrevia na português, que está sempre fiché, mas eu não tenho moito dizer na portugués. Uma de a melhor coisas soubre a CTM é os jogos durante o gymnasio. Nós jogamos quatro quadro e futébol, e joga-bol (eu não sei como se diz kickball, então, sim.) Mas, eu tenho não mais tempo, então eu precisso ir. Até proxima semana, adeus!