28 December 2009

December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas!

It’s sort of shocking how fast the christmas magic leaves town, this lights and such are still all up, but it’s quickly gone back to normal Portugal. Not that I don’t like normal Portugal, but it’s sure no Christmas Portugal. It was great talking to everybody, although I must admit it was slightly weird, everything sounds the same except for Isaac, who sounds different. Those pictures are extremely silly, and it looks like Isaac got a great Christmas haul, and those little ball things look cool. This week we were shopping in the Chinese store for presents, and I saw this rat transformer that I got for Christmas or my birthday or something about 10 years ago. I don’t know if you guys still remember vividly my rat transformer, but I do. It was crazy epic déjà vu (I don’t know how to spell that). Today we’re going to the mall to do some Christmas shopping, I’ll try to send a picture of what I get. I don’t think there will be any DSi’s, but it should be fun. Oh, and my planner only goes 6 weeks in advance. Four and a half months is really close. That’s going to go scarily fast. I think it’s best if I don’t think four months into the future.

I did spell johnny’s name right (or jonny’s name right, depending on who you ask. I wrote Jonathan, and I’m pretty sure the name doesn’t matter) and I’m pretty sure I wrote the address right, to avoid confusion I’m just going to send it to caitlin’s house and she can divvy the presents up. It’s absurd how long it’s taking to send this, I wrote the letters that are in this package about 6 months ago.

The rainstorm was rough, and it’s sad I don’t have any pictures. The dona isn’t taking any more chances, now whenever it rains R. comes down and shuts the giant valve that keeps any water from coming in or out, so it shouldn’t be a problem anymore, unless the rain catches us by surprise.

We had a really good week, Christmas magic was everywhere, and we got a new person in church, M. S. won’t be getting baptized this week, be pushed in back to the 10th of January, but he’s doing really well. We found a bunch of new people last week, so we’re pretty excited for all of them. I really like finding new people to teach, it’s easy to get in a rut of teaching all the same people that aren’t going anywhere, but it seems like when you drop people that aren’t progressing, new people very quickly show up to take their place. There’s probably some sort of life application in this mission truth, but I dunno what it is.

Christmas night we ate with the dona’s family, which was a lot of fun. Dona gave us gloves and socks for Christmas (I love socks).

We’re both a little sick right now, probably as a result of cold and too much candy, but it will pass.

Anyway, that’s about to news for today. Everyone have a happy news years. I still remember 2000 when we were watching October Sky and it started snowing. That was cool. This new years I’ll be going to be in bed by 11, but I’ll try to wake up at 7 to celebrate new years with all you mountaineers.

Thanks for the support and the pictures and the presents, any of the three is always appreciated. Feliz natal e um bom ano.

Abraços,
Elder Ammon